In-company programs to create a coaching culture
Top managements in most organisations are seriously committed to investing time and resources to develop their talented employees. To this end, HR functions in these organisations have implemented fairly sound processes to drive these talent management programs. However, the success of these programs ultimately depends on the ability and willingness of managers and leaders to engage in a developmental relationship with their talented employees. This is where organisations with strong coaching cultures can make a difference.
CFI works with its client organisations to design and implement programs that help them create and nurture such a coaching culture. Such a coaching culture is characterised by the ability and willingness of managers and leaders to :
- Establish genuine, positive and empathetic relationships with employees.
- Make the time to engage in powerful conversations.
- Provide consistent feedback.
- Conduct empowering business reviews.
- Have career and developmental conversations with the ones who are making important transitions or preparing for future roles.
CFI has two flagship offerings to create such an internal coaching culture.
I. Leader as Coach and Mentor Program
This certification program is meant to help organisations create a cadre of coaches and mentors from among their Leaders (in typically senior management positions) who are equipped to engage in formal coaching relationships and informal mentoring relationships to support the talent management needs both in their own teams and across the organisation.
At the end of the program participants will be able to:
- Form an integral part of the internal coaching and mentoring resource pool that can address the needs of employees who have been identified for future positions or who are making transitions.
- Demonstrate coaching orientation in their leadership style with their own teams.
- Support the organisation’s effort in creating a coaching culture.
The Leader as Coach and Mentor program is a highly customised offering designed to meet the specific needs of clients. A typical leader as coach and mentor program includes a pre-survey, preparatory efforts, a learning event and support for application.
II. Manager as barefoot Coach
The Manager as barefoot Coach Program is meant to help managers (in typically middle management positions) incorporate coaching into their managerial style and through that enhance their managerial effectiveness.
- To familiarize managers about the rightful place of coaching orientation in their role and skill set.
- To enhance self-awareness about how their coaching orientation is perceived.
- To provide managers with the skills and process know-how to demonstrate all or some of the twelve managerial and coaching behaviours using the Manager as Barefoot Coach model.
The Manager as Barefoot Coach program is a highly customised offering designed to meet the specific needs of clients. A typical leader as coach as barefoot program includes a pre-survey, preparatory efforts, a learning event and support for application.